- Tea Party Ticket
- Katherine Hanley Shelter Hosts Open House
- Brief: Amazon Web Services to Expand in Fairfax County
- Racing in the Clifton Caboose Twilight Run
- Springfield Joins Bike to Work Day
- Brief: Nereids Synchronized Swimmers Place at Regionals
- South County Baseball Wins Patriot District Championship
- Robinson Boys’ Lax Finishes Concorde Runner-up
- Laurel Hill Golf Club To Host National Tournament
- Woodson Girls' Lacrosse Returns to Patriot District Championship Game
- Editorial: Remembering on Memorial Day
- Letter: Failing Grades on Air Pollution
- Editorial: Vote in Spite of Election Fatigue
- Editorial: Some Limits, More Disclosure
- Opinion: The Power of Tourism
- Absentee Voting Starts Now for Democratic Primaries
- Governor McDonnell Endorses Springfield Site for FBI Headquarters
- Fairfax County Union Officials Say Board’s Budget Fails Staff, Residents
- Fairfax County Budget Reflects ‘Increasing Needs, Decreasing Revenues’
- City Votes 6-0 to Get Out of Water Business
The sacrifices of those who died in war.
1st Lt. Robert J. Hess, 26, of the Kings Park West neighborhood of Fairfax, was killed by enemy fire on April 23, 2013 in Pul-E-Alam, Afghanistan. Hess was known as “RJ” and graduated from Robinson Secondary School in 2005, where he played football, lacrosse and was the captain of the swim team. He was a U.S. Army Blackhawk helicopter pilot who deployed to Afghanistan on April 11, 2013. His family remembers his sense of humor and his natural leadership ability.
Shelter houses more than 20 families at a time.
Shelter House, a Herndon-based nonprofit that operates two homeless shelters in Fairfax County, as well as a domestic abuse shelter, hosted an open house at their Katherine K. Hanley Family Shelter in Fairfax Tuesday, May 14.
Company will add 500 IT-focused jobs
Governor Bob McDonnell announced that Amazon Web Services, Inc., (AWS), an Amazon.com company, will expand in Fairfax County and add 500 new jobs to the county economy.
For those looking to fill their calendar with some home-brewed, Fairfax County fun stuff (read: entertainment and diversion), The Connection's Fairfax County Entertainment Calendar has many options: weekend jaunts and larks; date night inspiration; winter-to-spring fun; day-long festivals and events; art-outings; family fun-and-learning fusions; plays and shows; beyond-Small Business Saturday local shopping and bazaars; markets of handcrafted wares; music; 1Ks to marathons... the list goes on. If you know of an event not listed in our entertainment calendar, email it to email@example.com for happenings in south Fairfax County or firstname.lastname@example.org for entertainment in the northern parts of the county.
The 15th annual Clifton Caboose Twilight Run